FlexoDome™ sensor cleaning protective device for the bulb blower
- FlexoDome™ sensor cleaning protective device for the bulb blower — camera specific (1)
To buy from Amazon Canada or USA click on the links below:
US$41.23 * | €40.49* *approximate price
Save on FlexoDome™ + Zee Pro™ Combo
- FlexoDome™ acts as a fence against the sensor contact and blower nozzle allowing the operator to invert the camera’s sensor downward without the fear of entering the chamber area damaging the sensor. This method facilitates the removal of heavier particles based on gravity action.
- FlexoDome™ eliminates the needs for shorter and narrower nozzles in bulb blowers allowing a directional blast for a more efficient dust removal. Directional blast maximizes the efficiency of traditional blower in removing dust particles without creating the adverse side effects.
FlexoDome™ features a ring to be attached to each specific camera body for hands-free operation. The cup on FlexoDome™ is uniquely designed to accept a variety of nozzles from different bulb blowers. Once attached to the camera body, FlexoDome™ acts as a fence against accidental contact between blower’s nozzle and the camera’s sensor. The followings are some advantages of its use in sensor cleaning;
- FlexoDome™ acts as a fence against the sensor contact and blower nozzle allowing the operator to invert the camera’s sensor downward without the fear of entering the chamber area damaging the sensor. This method facilitates the removal of heavier particles based on gravity action. However, this seems to be impossible task when camera’s sensor is faced upward acting against the gravity. By using FlexoDome™ one can remove all dust particles regardless of their size.
Some bulb blowers use shorter or narrower opening in their nozzles to increase the blasting power of air and to avoid sensor contact. However, this results in higher friction between air molecules passing through a narrower opening, generating higher static charges, turning the sensor into a dust magnet.
- Another problem associated with the increase in blasting power of shorter and narrower nozzles are the projectiles generated by this method. These sharp microscopic particles hit the sensor with more force damaging the sensor coating creating images resembling the moon surface. FlexoDome™ eliminates the needs for shorter and narrower nozzles in bulb blowers allowing a directional blast for a more efficient dust removal. Directional blast maximizes the efficiency of traditional blower in removing dust particles without creating the adverse side effects.
Thus, FlexoDome™ creates a safe fence against accidental contact between bulb blower and sensor surface, by taking advantages of gravity action and directional blast, it maximizes dust removal efficiency. The use of FlexoDome™ and VisibleDust bulb blower Zeeion™ creates a powerful combo tool for professionals and amateurs as a first line of defense in camera sensor cleaning.
Save on FlexoDome™ + Zee Pro™ Combo
FlexoDome™ dimensions: 2.76 x 3.15 x 2.76″ (70 x 80 x 70 mm)
FlexoDome™ weight: 0.079 lb (0,036 kg)
FlexoDome for Canon camera
Part number: VD-12723857
FlexoDome for Nikon camera
Part number: VD-12723847
FlexoDome for Panasonic micro 4/3 or Olympus micro 4/3 cameras
Part number: VD-12769687
FlexoDome for Pentax camera
Part number: VD-12724589
FlexoDome for Sony / Minolta A-mount cameras
Part number: VD-12723877
FlexoDome for for Sony E-mount camera
Part number: VD-12803350
- Find a relatively dust free and dry environment that has adequate lighting, something preferably indoors
- Make sure your camera’s battery is fully charged, or use your AC connector for the camera.
- Mount your camera on a tripod or use FlexoDome™ to prevent accidental contact between sensor and bulb blower nozzle.
- Invert the camera’s sensor downward.
- Expose the sensor by following your camera’s manual
- Remove any lens or cup you have on the camera
- Keep the bulb blower nozzle at least an inch (2,5 cm) above the surface of the sensor to avoid damage during their contact
- Squeeze bulb blower with quick, strong bursts
- After you have finished, detach FlexoDome™ if you have it and replace the cap or lens on the camera and release the camera shutter